[BAA Comets] C/2017 O1

Juan Jose Gonzalez jjgonzalez at telecable.es
Mon Jul 24 22:51:39 BST 2017

Rolando's LRGB image is a beautiful one indeed, showing a wide and
diffuse coma.

Here is my recent visual estimate :

C/2017 O1 - ASASSN1:
2017 July 23.13 UT: m1=9.8, Dia.=5', DC=2/, 20 cm SCT (77x).

[ Brighter than expected. Diffuse object with faint outer coma.
Field stars checked in DSS. Altitude: 17 deg.
Sidgwick method. Tycho-2 comparison stars. SQM : 21.0.
Mountain location, very clear sky.].

( Alto del Castro - Aralla, Leon, Spain ).

Best regards,

J. J. Gonzalez