[BAA Comets] Fw: Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek)

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 21 13:00:50 BST 2018

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Richard Miles <rmiles.btee at btinternet.com>
 To: Denis Buczynski <buczynski8166 at btinternet.com>
Cc: BAA Comets discussion list <comets-disc at lists.britastro.org>
 Sent: Saturday, 21 April 2018, 11:05
 Subject: Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek)

Denis,

Have been having a root around in the garage ...

For the archive, here is my first photograph of a comet: Kohoutek.
It was snapped on 1974 January 10 using an undriven mount. The original
frame is cropped in this image.
The person shown in silhouette was Robert Richardson, recently retired as a
professor in the Physics Dept of the University of Bristol.

I still have the negatives. In fact I have 4 frames with the previous three
being 10-sec exposures, so it may be worth scanning them and co-adding to
enhance the appearance of the comet's tail.
Must also find my simple drawings of comets made prior to this one.

Cheers,
Richard