[BAA Comets] Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek) + 29P

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 22 21:56:33 BST 2018

Thanks John for the recollections and amazing to think that 29P was lurking in the sidelines alongside Kohoutek at that time.
Your Guide screenshot agrees with mine but I did not see 29P as the mag limit was set too bright at the time.

Of course, as you know, the 2018 observing season has now started for 29P.
It has remained quiescent since the first observation by JF Soulier on 2018 April 03.39.
29P will be the subject of another mailing to the group. Currently it cannot be reached by UK observers but the comet has moved a considerable degree northwards and is currently a morning object at a Dec. of -02deg and a solar elongation of 48deg.

Cheers,
Richard