[BAA Comets] Fw: Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek)

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 23 15:28:36 BST 2018

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: denis buczynski <buczynski8166 at btinternet.com>
 To: Richard Miles <rmiles.btee at btinternet.com>
 Sent: Saturday, 21 April 2018, 13:00
 Subject: Re: Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek)

Hi RIchard,That is a great picture of that famous comet. Probably one of the best I have seen taken from UK skies. It shows that the comet was not a failure, just not as bright as the over hyped predictions promised. Your picture gives a great perspective on the scale of the comet tail, it looks about 10-15 degrees long.I hope you do scan the 5 negatives and do some processing on them, I am eager to see the results. If the same comet were around in our skies today we would be seeing some fantastic images taken of it by the comet imagers operating today. Thanks for sending this picture for our BAA Comet Archive. we are in the process of digitally archiving all the comet photographs in the paper archive so this is a good edition. If anyone else has photographs of comets that they have taken in the past please consider getting in touch with me and seeing if it is possible to include them in our digital archive.Denis Buczynski