[BAA Comets] Image of Comet C/1973 E1 (Kohoutek)

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 24 18:17:10 BST 2018

Thanks Nick.

Yes, you are correct in that the three-day week began on 1974 January 1.

The day of the week when the image was taken was a Thursday and electricity
useage was cut on 3 consecutive weekdays, so Thursday must have been
included as one of the dates when electricity usage was rationed.
I do have some recollection of the journey out to The Downs being in
poorly-lit conditions. I also remember trying to do university work using
candlelight !

Not sure if my scanner will be adequate to successfully scan the negatives.
Will give it a try.

Richard