[BAA Comets] C/2016 R2 passing the Pleiades

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Sat Feb 10 09:04:39 GMT 2018

Denis Buczynski and I took this image from Tarbatness in Highland
Scotland last night. Unfortunately, after a really clear day the night
was quite hazy and we only managed to get a short stack in a clear spot.
This is a 5x30s stack centred on 2018-02-09, 19:34 using a WO Z61 (61mm,
f/5.9) and a Sony A7s at ISO3200. The FoV is 5.7x3.8 deg. I'm impressed
how deep you can go in a dark sky with such a short exposure and small
aperture. The Z61 is also very well corrected with nice stars all the
way to the edge of the full-frame sensor.

It looks like we might get another chance this evening. When it is clear
the sky up here is pretty much as good as I have seen anywhere and that
includes places like La Palma.

Nick.