[BAA Comets] New COBS website layout

Jure Zakrajšek jure.zakrajsek2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 19:58:21 GMT 2018

Dear comet observers

In the past month a huge amount of work was done on the COBS website.

We are glad to let you know that COBS now supports two different color
themes.

You can change the dark default theme to the previous light one in your
user profile (click on your username on top right of the page).

There are many other updates that have been done:
- On the analysis page you can now download a SVG image of the currently
displayed plot.

- The colors and symbols on the plots were modified in the way that also a
B/W plot can be read. The colors match to the list ob observations

- dark plots are displayed on the dark theme (in future a link to a light
version will be implemented)

- The list of currently visible comets is now calculated based on the COBS
observations. The visibility is calculated for latitude 45°N and 45°S

If you should expirience any isssues with the website, or should have any
further suggestion, please send me an email.

I hope you do like the new features.

Clear skies

Jure Zakrajsek
COBS Administrator