[BAA Comets] MPC Acknowledgement issue resolved

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:12:05 GMT 2018

Thanks to Nick James and Denis Buczynski I now understand what the MPC auto
acknowledgement is telling me and have resolved the unreadable observation
line issues.
It seems some of my MPC report was something other than Plain Text which is
vital for the MPC computer to recognize it. I cut and paste from other
individual reports in Windows and this may have introduced a non Plain Text
format so was unreadable by the MPC’s computer.
I use Mozilla Thunderbird as a mailer and have changed its account settings
to select all Plain Text options and turn off any HTML options. In the
Composition and Addressing window I’ve unchecked “compose message in html”.
Having made these changes I now get an MPC acknowledgement that records the
correct number of observation lines in the report.

Peter