[BAA Comets] Comet 74P near M66 and M65

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 10:48:56 BST 2018

Hi Mike,
That’s a very nice image.

If you haven’t already, send it to Denis Buczynski at cometobs at britastro.org so it gets included in the BAA Comet Section archive. The archive can me found at http://www.britastro.org/cometobs/
I’m not familiar with “Sky Live” but don’t think you should be worrying about the very small discrepancy between your measured position and the predicted position. At your imaging scale the difference amounts to a fraction of a camera pixel in RA and about 1 pixel in Dec.
If you want to do really accurate astrometry I suggest you use software called Astrometrica. See http://www.astrometrica.at/ its quite difficult to set up but once you’ve worked that out then it dead easy to use and produces measures to a fraction of a second of arc.
Keep up the good work.

Peter Carson