[BAA Comets] 46P now 6th magnitude

David Swan djswanastro at outlook.com
Thu Nov 29 23:40:05 GMT 2018

Congrats Owen -

I went out with my 10 x 50 binos and couldn't spot it. I star hopped: Deneb Kaitos -> Tau Ceti -> Ups and 57 Ceti (pretty in binos) -> host star field. I confirmed that I was looking in the right place by comparing the 5 deg bino star field with the output of my planetarium app.

Using 1s exposures to prevent saturation by light pollution, I was able to pick it up with my Hyperstar though. A contrast with those Siding Spring images that I have been taking remotely!! See my member's page if interested.

David Swan