[BAA Comets] National Astronomy Meeting

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Thu Mar 7 07:39:44 GMT 2019

This year's National Astronomy Meeting (NAM) will be held at Lancaster
University between June 30 and July 4. As in previous years this will
include a pro-am slot although the current schedule doesn't say which
day this will be.

Callum Potter, BAA President, has negotiated that the day-rate fees for
amateur speakers will be waived (exact details TBC). Unfortunately I
can't attend but if any Comet Section members would like to speak at the
meeting on a pro-am subject please contact me ASAP. The timescale is
tight since abstracts need to be submitted by 1700 UTC on March 15.

The NAM website is https://nam2019.org/.

Nick James, Director.