[BAA Comets] C/2017 T2 visual/imaging opp

Shanklin, Jonathan D. jdsh at bas.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 10:29:46 GMT 2019

… always worth checking the web page https://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jds/ to see what the current magnitude is – it gives 9.5 not 6.

Regards,

Jonathan Shanklin

From: Comets-disc <comets-disc-bounces at lists.britastro.org> On Behalf Of owen brazell
Sent: 28 October 2019 09:18
To: BAA Comets discussion list <comets-disc at lists.britastro.org>; BAA Comets discussion list <comets-disc at britastro.org>
Subject: Re: [BAA Comets] C/2017 T2 visual/imaging opp

Andrew and I had a shot at it last night at the Haw Wood star party (along with N2 and 260P) and although the skies were not the best we did pick them all up with 18 and 15” telescopes respectively. T2 was not that bright visually, maybe 10th mag and we had not realised until by accident that it was passing close to M36. Where Jon Shanklin gets the idea it is 6th mag from I have no idea. I have een follwong it viousally since September and it is no where near that bright.

Owen