[BAA Comets] Sudden changes on C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS)

Martin Smith martinjsmiff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:55:22 BST 2020

The images did look odd doing the astrometry on ATLAS last night, I was
wondering if I had a problem with guiding on the comet. C/2017 T2 was nice
and round however, so presumably this is the actual shape of the thing.
Pictures from Astrometrica show the difference nicely.

[image: T2-120sec.jpg]
C/2017 T2 (PANSTARRS)

[image: Y4-120sec.jpg]
C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS)