[BAA Comets] The Comet's Tale May 2020 - Call for contributions

Janice McClean 1 janicemcclean at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 3 12:51:26 GMT 2020

Dear All,

It’s that time of year again when we start planning the next Comet’s Tale.
I should like to set a deadline of 20th April 2020.  I have already received a few articles, images and suggestions (thank you) but there is plenty of room for lots more.

As usual I ask that you do not waste your time making it look ‘good’ so here are a few Guidelines:

Do not worry about making the submission look pretty, with lots of headings, different types sets etc. I have to remove all of that in order to make a corporate look for the Tale, and will put all submissions into the same overall font.
Do not be shy of writing if English is not your first language and you are not confident in writing in English, it is not a problem. I am happy to take what you send and work with that.  All I will need is your contact details to clarify points.  Google Translate is a wonderful tool..
Please submit images separately and not embedded in your article, as occasionally I have difficulty extracting them, if I do not have the same programme on my computer.  I use microsoft word for the layout.
Please do not send your article in pdf - remember I have to edit them and move things around to fit in the layout.
I do not set a limit to the number of words as this is a journal for us, but be succinct!
I look forward to receiving your work.

Janice

Janice McClean
British Astronomical Association