[BAA Comets] 289P/Blanpain

Peter Tickner peter.tickner1472 at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 25 09:17:33 GMT 2020

I raised issues about this on the UK Occultation group as there is no sign of it and even professional observatories can only see a faint smudge.  I first looked in December and concluded someone at the Minor Planet Centre must have put the decimal point in the wrong place for the magnitude which on my chart was coming up at 2.8 back then. Dave Herald and Steve Tomkin have both since confirmed magnitude lower than 20 last month and Dave has also stated that even the mag 21 showing on some sky charts was also in error by around a magnitude.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone