[BAA-ebulletin 00743] BAA meetings online

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Thu May 30 21:34:16 BST 2013

I've just uploaded audio and slides from yesterday's Ordinary meeting at
Burlington House. The George Alcock Memorial Lecture was given by Dr.
Jeremy Shears and he was followed by Dr. Richard Miles who talked about
the work of the Asteroids and Remote Planets Section.

The audio recording in MP3 format and slides in JPEG format are packed
into ZIP files which can be downloaded from the BAA website here:

http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=16&Itemid=196

(Registration is required for this page).

I gave the Sky Notes yesterday and have uploaded a recording of this to
our public Youtube channel here:

http://youtu.be/aDJTdjQVgRc

I've also uploaded slides and audio in the same format for the Comet
Section meeting which was held in Northampton on May 18. These are
available from here:

http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=837%3A2013-may-18-comet-section-meeting&catid=94%3Ageneral&Itemid=100033

The highlight of this meeting was a presentation by Dr. Glyn Marsh who
had brought a model of comet nucleus over from the Isle of Man in a
small freezer. This short video (in MP4 format) is worth watching:

http://britastro.org/video/2013-05-18%20Comet%20Section%20meeting/Marsh%20-%20DIY%20comet.mp4

Nick James (ndj at nickdjames.com)