[BAA-ebulletin 00818] Final Reminder for Saturday October 11th 2014 Back to Basics Workshop in Glasgow

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Tue Sep 30 22:18:31 BST 2014

We do still have a few places left for this workshop so if you or someone
you know would like to attend please contact the BAA office this week.

Saturday October 11th 2014 we are running a Back to Basics Workshop in
Glasgow at the Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel, 187
George Street, Glasgow, G1 1YU

This programme of talks and practical sessions is a way to help you learn
basic techniques and develop your interest to its full potential.
Experienced people will be on hand help you and to answer any questions you
may have

The cost for meeting is Free to all but if you would like refreshments (tea
or coffee) and the buffet lunch the cost is £8.00

This is the programme for the day: -

10:00

Registration – Tea/coffee

10:30

Official welcome – BAA Vice President – Mr Tom Boles

10:35

So what astronomy can I do? – Mrs Hazel Collett

10:45

What equipment & books do I need? – Dr Stewart Moore

11:30

Lunar observing & Workshop – Mr Nick James

12:15

Lunch

13:15

Astronomical Society of Glasgow - David Degan, President.

13:30

Planet observing & Workshop – Dr John Rogers

14:15

Solar observing and Workshop –  Ms Lyn Smith

15:30

Afternoon Tea

16:00

Starting Radio Astronomy – Mr Paul Hyde

16:45

Feedback, Q&A session & Raffle

17:00

Close

To book please phone the BAA office, 020 7734 4145, or e-mail
office at britastro.org

Hazel Collett
Meetings Secretary