[BAA-ebulletin 00874] Reminder of Next Back to Basics Workshop

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sat Sep 26 12:34:25 BST 2015

I am writing to remind people that the closing date for the Back to Basics
in St Asaph on Saturday 10th October is fast approaching

OpTIC Technium, Glyndŵr University, Ffordd William Morgan, St Asaph LL17 0JD

*It is being held in OpTIC Technium, Glyndŵr University, Ffordd William
Morgan, St Asaph LL17 0JD*

The British Astronomical Association has designed a programme of talks and
practical sessions to help you learn basic techniques and develop your
interest to its full potential. Experienced people will be on hand to
answer your questions.

*The cost for the meeting is £13.00 BAA Members & children under 16. £15.00
for non-members. Price includes refreshments and a buffet lunch.*

*Retailers attending will be BAA Sales and Cambrian Photography Ltd.*

*The closing date is 28th September but we will continue taking bookings
until Friday 2nd October *

*The Programme for the day is: -*

09:30 Registration – Tea/coffee Cofrestru – te/coffi

10:00 Official welcome – BAA President – Mrs Hazel McGee Croeso swyddogol –
Llywydd BAA

10:05 So what astronomy can I do? – Mrs Hazel Collett Felly pa seryddiaeth
ga i ei wneud?

10:15 What equipment & books do I need? – Dr Stewart Moore Pa offer a
llyfrau ydw i eu hangen?

11:15 Solar observing and Workshop – Ms Lyn Smith Arsylwi’r Haul a gweithdy

12:00 Starting Radio Astronomy – Mrs Karen Holland Cychwyn efo
radio-seryddiaeth

12:45 Lunch Cinio

13:45 Preliminary: Excursion through this remarkable building called OpTIC
Technium.

15:00 Lunar observing & Workshop – Mr Nick James Arsylwi’r Lleuad a gweithdy

15:45 Afternoon Tea Te prynhawn

16:15 Imaging for Beginners – Tony Morris Creu delweddau i ddechreuwyr

17:00 Feedback, Q&A session & Raffle Adborth, Hawl i holi a Raffl

17:15 Close. Gorffen

Details Correct at time of Printing - Taith i weld OpTIC Technium

If you or someone you know would be interested in coming please complete
the booking form which was in the August Journal or you can get a copy from
the BAA website *www.britastro.org/stasaphb2b
<http://www.britastro.org/stasaphb2b>*

Hope to see you there
--
*Hazel Collett*
*Meetings Secretary For the British Astronomical Association*