[BAA Comets] Bill Bradfield video

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 14 11:26:39 BST 2014

Thanks Denis - I received a message on this from the ASV folk a little
earlier today and after watching the video was just about to send an e-mail
to the BAA Comets group recommending watching it when I saw your message.
Job well done.

The video was made some 10 years ago and as Bill points out at that time it
had become harder to find comets by visually sweeping the sky for them. He
was then concentrating on areas low on the horizon in the hope that
automated survey telescopes would not cover that region. Since then a few
comets have been discovered visually. Sometimes a very faint comet will
outburst allowing comet hunters to pick them up first.

Clear skies,
Richard Miles