[BAA Comets] C/2017 E4 (Lovejoy) fading

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 19 12:40:24 BST 2017

Hello all,My image of 20170418  (link below) shows the comet has an elongated head without noticeable coma.Also the astrometry was very difficult with no easly definable center to measure. The residuals were quite large. Still the comet has appeared brighter than we expected, as the prospects just after discovery were not considered good. It will be interesting to see if we can image this comet through its breakup phase during the next few weeks.Denis BuczynskiBAA Comet Section

http://www.britastro.org/cometobs/2017e4/2017e4_20170418_0245_dgb.jpg

An interesting description of the latest information about the breakup of this comet is here at this link
 C/2017 E4 (Lovejoy) – time of death – Comet research

|   |