[BAA Comets] Comet Section Officers

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Sun Sep 3 09:49:12 BST 2017

Morning all,

Roger Dymock, our outreach and mentoring coordinator has asked to step
down from that role with immediate effect. Roger has told me that his
astronomical interests are now focussed on exoplanet work.

I would like to thank Roger for the support he has given me over the
past few years. He has been one of the few people from the section who
has been submitting total comet magnitudes estimated using images from
remote telescopes. This is a complex and difficult subject and Roger is
one of the few people who have taken this on, helping others with his
knowledge.

Roger also maintained the Project Alcock website which contained notes
and guides on many different aspects of practical comet observing and
imaging. This site is no longer active but I hope, with Roger's
agreement, to move some of the articles to the main comet section
website over the next few months.

I'm sure that we all wish Roger well with his exoplanet work and hope
that comets will still be on his target list every now and again.

If anyone would like to take up the outreach and mentoring role please
contact me directly off list.

Nick James, Director.