[BAA Comets] William Bradfield passes away!

amar sharma amar10sharmaa at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 16 19:07:51 BST 2014

Hello BAA Comet Section,

My article on Astronomy.com goes online. Please find it here:

http://cs.astronomy.com/asy/b/daves-universe/archive/2014/06/16/guest-blog-comet-hunter-william-bradfield-dies.aspx

RIP Bradfield. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I need to tell you folks that I am in the process of finding funding for a documentary film on veteran comet hunters in collaboration with the British film making team (I had posted a long email about it) and Bradfield was the first on list, ever since I heard from Lovejoy past October that he is undergoing memory loss and ill health. Same thing with Jones. I will regret this fact that my ill timing made me miss these two souls when I could have filmed them during their last days.

Mr Denis B. knew of the urgency of my project since I was in communication with him. With this news NOW you all know the urgency of filming the aged comet hunters. Missed reaching out to Bradfield by little.

Thank you, Amar.